Report of Revisions to the JDCQ By-Laws
A sub-committee has reviewed the JDCQ By-Laws over the past few months and there are revisions.
Many By-Laws remain unchanged. Those that have been amended include:
- By-Law 1 Regional Registers. Duties of a register chairperson introduced.
- By-Law 6 Rules for General Meeting. Far greater clarity on the correct procedure at meetings.
- By-Law 12 Memorial Trophies. Procedure for awarding these two trophies.
- By-Law 13 Impromptu Events. JDCQ Policy on impromptu events, arranging, frequency, notice etc. To ensure compliance with Transport & Main Roads requirements.
- By-Law 14 Code of conduct. The behaviour expected of members. Also the procedure for protest and resolution.
- By-Laws 15 Electronic Data. In this electronic age, control and access to JDCQ affairs conducted electronically.
- By-Law 16 Plebiscites. Created as a method for the committee to glean the true opinion of the whole membership. Probably conducted online.
- By-Law 17 Duties of Club Officers. Specifies the tasks that those on the JDCQ Committee might undertake, though each has varying amounts of time available.
- By-Law 18 Concessional Registration. Clarifies the requirements for cars belonging to club members to be road registered in the Special Interest Vehicle Scheme.
- By-Law 19 Constitution and By-Law Reviews. Specifies when these documents should be reviewed.
The revised version of the JDCQ By-Laws, dated April 2021, is now available to members via the Resources Tab after logging on.