JAGUAR E-TYPE SIX-CYLINDER Originality Guide
GB16: Jaguar E-Type Six Cylinder Originality Guide by Dr. Thomas Haddock and Dr. Michael Mueller, published in 2017 by Dalton Watson Fine Books.
This book is based on research spanning almost five decades. As such, the book is archaeological in nature, based more on observations of cars than on factory publications or other literature. The examination of principally un-restored cars, many partly or completely disassembled and still retaining their original configuration, permitted discovery of much detailed infor-mation not reported before. The subject is covered in depth, with 1568 pictures and 516 pages.
A few of the many topics treated in the book are:
• Variations between early and late E-type Moss transmissions
• An analysis of engine block and head part numbers and configurations
• A review of the myriad of small sheet metal variations in the tub, bonnet and doors, including coupe bodywork in early 3.8L production
• Hidden markings on instruments
• Review of subtle variations in early cooling fan motors
• Coupe sun-visor evolution
• Markings and tags on carburettors
• Markings on various tyres originally supplied on E-types
This book significantly advances the understanding of the original configuration of these remarkable cars.